Source Code Repository and .ZIP Download??

Jun 25, 2009 at 11:29 PM

It's generally a good idea to have the project downloads be .ZIP files and not .rar files, since it's really a more compatible archive/compression file format. Everyone with Windows XP, Vista or 7 can open it without any extra program installed. Whereas a .rar file needs a specific program to be installed in order to extract.

Also, you may want to think about adding the code for this project to the Source Code Repository so others can view and/or download the latest working set of the code.

These may seem like things that aren't very important, but they will help you get more people to download the project.

Coordinator
Jun 29, 2009 at 2:03 AM

Thanks very much for your advice. I have uploaded a zip version for downloading.

Jun 29, 2009 at 9:06 PM

Very nice, however you didn't put ".rar" and ".zip" in the file names that are displayed on CodePlex. They both have the name "SL3Menu", so there's no way for people to distinguish the difference between the two. Thanks for adding the .zip file btw.

Coordinator
Jun 30, 2009 at 1:22 AM

OK, I have added ".zip" to the end of that file's name.
This is the first time I create a project at codeplex, excuse for my poor English and ignorance.

Jun 14, 2010 at 1:25 PM

Still a wise idea on posting source code, or get a site that explains how you did it without showing your methodology.  As well, utilize the codeplex framework to make a wiki, or series of pages that give tutorials.  The more instructions you give the more likely you will get help and use.

Jun 14, 2010 at 1:47 PM

Also, what is the System.Windows.Controls.Toolkit library reference in the XAML.  If this is a required DLL then you probably need to include it with the source files so people can compile it and use it.  Or on a alternate note, supply the compiled DLL to include in the XAML project so they can consume the menu for use.